Monday, March 30, 2009

Big Daddyy

Its 10:16 on the East Coast and I'm in one of those weird moods. You know you're tired (for me it was from catching up on classes I missed, studying and taking a midterm and then attending a newspaper meeting) but you're like full of energy? Maybe its because the grapes I just ate. You'd assume the cafeteria washes the handful of grapes they sell for $3.75? Right? I now have my doubts...

Anyways, I think my roommate is sleeping? Its not even 10:30! I don't ever go to bed that early. Whatever, she is always on her computer late (by late I mean 1 am and on). I mean at least she isn't playing Halo? Whatever. I'm gonna stop ranting now and get on to the beauty post. I mean I'm sure you're all like DOUBLE U-TEA-EFF DOES HER TITLE MEAN?

So I decided to be a geek and do some research on cosmetic brands and their parent/sister companies. Like, haven't you ever been like OH EM GEE THIS IS JUST LIKE THAT OTHER BRAND'S MASCARA!! I mean honestly most of the time it is. Just different packing and name. Like did you know L'Oreal and Maybelline are both owned by the big L'Oreal Daddy company? I have really noticed that sometimes these products are EXACT and like to a T just differnt brand names.

L'Oreal
Their Companies:
- Maybelline
- L'Oreal Paris
- Garnier Fructis
- Redken
- Matrix
- Lancome
- The Body Shop
- Shu Uemura

I've tried Matrix hair care and Garnier Fructis is a little better, in my opinion, its both the same company! And Lancome?! I'd love to compare things like their lip and eye products. See how the colors and such match up to their drugstore counterpart. And Shu Uemura?! I'm so gonna see what the L'Oreal Paris or Maybelline eye-lash curlers are like!

Estée Lauder
- Clinique
- MAC
- Bobbi Brown
- La Mer
- Prescreptives
- Lots More!

No drugstore brands under this name but I thought MAC was their own entity..hmm...

Revlon & Almay = Revlon!
Woah!

I'm not sure about the department store brands but honestly, I'll try a drugstore dupe for one of these brands! Hahaha, esp when its BOGO time! Who knows maybe Maybelline's Lash Stilleto is an exact dupe for L'Oreal Telescopic's formula?!

I just think its kinda neat!

Oh and P&G owns like everything else! And by no way am I like a...a...a person who likes does this research for a living?! I forget what they're called. Uh..disclaimer?!

♥ Chelsea

2 comments:

  1. that is crazy! i thought mac was one of its own! heeeeey big dadddy!

    ReplyDelete