Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beauty Regrets

I thought I'd do a post on beauty purchases and even a make-up style I regret doing! These are in no special order....




Urban Decay's 24/7 Pencil in Zero.
I know you're all OMFG HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE 24/7 ITS LIKE AN EFFING MAGIC WAND THAT LINES YOUR EYES! Well for me it was because
a) It smudged in a bad way
b) If I didn't hold down my waterline for 30 seconds it would smudge
c) Then it wouldn't last
d) Hard to sharpen

Maybe I'll try it again...we'll see...


Aussie's Oppostites Attract Spray Gel
Lemme start by saying I bought this out of desperation...I needed hair gel...I HATE THIS CRAP. I would probably have better results taking the bottle and dunking into my dorm's dirty toilet and spraying it in my hair. It didn't do anything!! I had to use 1/4 of the bottle to get MINIMAL hold...FAIL.




Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Tinted Moisturizer
It did all of the following
a) Smell like expired sunscreen
b) Made my face look dirty
c) IT DIDN'T DO SHAT FOR MY FACE!




Sally Hanson Color Quick Nailpolish Pen in Hot Pink
While the color was awesome it did not go on nicely, it was super streaky and chunky and the brush was on more steroids than A-Rod and Barry Bonds combined. It was hard to get into small spaces. It is sooo not worth the $7.99 and I'm going to return.


Revlon's Fabulash
Screw Halle Berry, Dragqueens should advertise this. It gives you the most fabulous spider lashes. I would say it is one of the worst mascaras EVER. It was complete crappity crap. And I hear the "3D" verison is worst?! I guess it gives you one gynormous boner lash..


And now for my biggest beauty regrets



(I can't believe I posted this!)
Heavy black eyeliner on the waterline/those bangs
It totally made my eyes looks so much smaller, side bangs are my thing not those that I cut myself...I think I'm wearing the 24/7. BTW this was a 1 year ago...




& Now I rarely line my waterline! By the way I'm wearing all the products from my haul post from yesterday + Revlon Colorstay Liner.
(Woah my hair got naturally blonder over the past year?! Double u tea eff?!)

If you want you can blog your beauty mistakes too! We can learn from each other's mistakes and crappy products!

Update: My sister is too cool to post it in her blog but rather share her's in a comment:
My biggest beauty blunder occurred just north of the toes. Rimmel Sun Shimmer for Legs. It's like a non-tanning bronzer/leg makeup. (I HATE self tanner. I also hate pasty legs. I thought this would be a good compromise. Just rub DIRT all over your legs, instead.) I even tried cutting this stuff with lotion for just a tint, but not even a drop of this stuff is okay. To top it off, once it's on, you need to scrub it off or it just streaks worse. So in other words, shower and start over. No thanks.
*She also defend the Nail Pens and says they're good for your toes...

♥ Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment