Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And I'll have a side dish of nasty

I knew college food wasn't going to be good.

But horrible? Ok, I was hoping it wasn't going to be that bad!

First semester, I ate most of it. But now, I'm learning that I will not support their nasty food. Even if it means giving up the delicious over fried fries (which I can thank for some weight gain).

I'll tell you right now what I'll eat here:
  • Either a plain/grilled chicken quesadilla (whole wheat)
  • Salad*
  • Mac & Cheese if I am ever so lucky **
  • Mashed Potatoes (once again, if I am lucky)***

*I'll get a salad as long as the lettuce is green and the chicken isn't in a weird marinade.
** I'll get the M&C if there aren't weird chunks and if it doesn't smell like over processed government cheese (hint, it smells like plastic)
*** If they are not overly seasoned and sans bacon

Every once in a while they'll serve Italian food. Pizza and pastas. The pasta is as hard as rock which has me debating if they even cooked it. And the pizza...I'll let the pizza explain it to you...



1. Does it not look like its been sitting out in a guy's dorm room for days? THIS IS FRESH PIZZA!
2. The cheese is hard and disc shaped and can be used as a frisbee
3. The crust tastes in between a Pita bread and crap.
4. It is a waste of $7

The rest of the hot food specials are just questionable. I could get a sandwich but it is a cross-contamination breeding ground. I have never missed real food so much. I mean come on, this is New York, GET THE PIZZA RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment