Thursday, October 30, 2008

Fabulous

Today was one of those days I had nightmares about. Oversleeping the day of a midterm.

Last night I didn't get out of the doctor's office, where I was diagnosed with a general cold, a sinus infection and an ear infection, until 9:30. By 10:30 I was back at school with three medications and NyQuil and ready to study for criminal justice.

This is my insane, but has proven well, study habit. Read the chapter, re-read the chapter and highlight, re-write the highlighted into my notebook, sort through my notebook notes and type up and then print out my final copy of notes. Long, yes. But it always impressed my government teacher when I showed up with 10 pages of single-spaced notes for the test. So I did that for my criminal justice midterm.

When I came back from the doctors I still had to type a bit. Then I found out I was out of black ink. No problem, I'll print it in purple. It came out to be 8 pages. At 12 I began to reread my notes. Around 1 I decided I had a good grasp and I'd continue going over my notes during my morning routine. At 3:48 in the morning (my roommate was oddly still awake..) I took a swing of NyQuil and fell back asleep to wake up at...8:58, 2 minutes before classes started.

My dorm is on a campus 15 minutes away from the regular campus. I get to rely on the shuttle. I obviously missed the 9 shuttle and was forced to take the 9:20 and get there at 9:40. 40 minutes late for the midterm. I was cursing as I decided to just show up in class in my pjs and my hair resembling a golden retriever. I only lined one eye as I ran out.

I have NEVER been late for class. Never in high school. Never in middle school and probably never in elementary school. So you can imagine I was on the verge of tears thanks to my PMSing body (thank you God, for me not having to worry about that today) and the amount of meds in my body.

I came into class and my professor couldn't be nicer as I stumbled in, pale as a ghost and having one ear hot pink from an infection and glassy eyes. He just smiled and explained the instructions.

To top it off, the nightmare of them morning I had was blocking my photographic memory. Usually I can visually look at my notes in my mind and retrieve the answers. Nope, not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment