Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All Grown Up

Usually when I'm sick I have to go through the dreadful process of convincing my mom that I am in fact sick and that it is worthy enough for me to miss school. Nurses are the hardest on their children. My mom would then tell me to take a shower and then report on how I feel. Somehow a hot shower can solve half of whatever I have.

Now, I'm on my own in college. I had one class, political science, for 2 hours today. I slept and figured that staying home and resting would be much more productive then my political science class (if you had the pleasure of sitting in that dreadful class then you too would agree).

I went to go blow my nose, which is no longer a nose but rather a faucet that is leaking multicolored mucus, and realized I had no tissues. Damnit. Instead of voyaging outside into the freezing cold rain with higher than normal wind gusts to buy tissues I thought soup may help. So I went to the community kitchen to make soup. Only to find out that I locked myself out. And no RAs were on duty. So I got to wait around for 30 minutes for security. Once back in my room I realized soup didn't cure the fact that everytime I swallowed it felt as though I was swallowing a knife. I finally gave in and took the bus downtown where I was greeted with a heavy downpour.

Never have I ever made such an errand. Usually when I need some medications I just ask my mom to stop by CVS on her way home from work. Not any more. Before even going into the pharamacy I had to get text messege from my bank to find out how much I could spend on my drugs. There has gotta be a million forms of cold and flu medicines. 10 minutes later I settled on a bottle of NyQuil. Then I looked at tissues. Once again, why are there so many kinds? There were colored ones, ones in smaller more decorative boxes that cost more, tisses infused with some crack like lotion, it went on and on and on. The cheapest were blue Kleenex.

Now I know to stock up on things. Otherwise when you need things the most it'll be freezing rain and will probably only make you sicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment