Face
Let me say, I hate face makeup in the summer. I can't wear my normal foundation that provides optimal coverage but instead will have to deal with something that won't melt or sweat off. A flawless face is impossible in this hot weather! So I just put on some sunscreen or moisturizer with SPF (depending on the day) and then wait 10 minutes to let it soak in and apply my Covergirl tinted moisturizer. Its coverage is really minimal but its the best I can find in the drugstore. It does a decent job evening out my skin tone. I'll then put on some green concealer on any sunburn or blemishes. The green helps cancel out the redtones of said sunburn or blemishes. I'll then apply the lightest amount of concealer (any more and it will melt and cake!) and set it with a powder. For the green concealer I am liking Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Correcting Concealer in Soft Green. When I have a sunburn I usually won't opt for blush and/or bronzer.

Eyes
So easy! Prime eyes with a concealer. Apply a light color that is similar to my skin tone all over the lid, line my upper lash line with a waterproof eyeliner (and as always, set it with a black shadow!) then apply waterproof mascara! I love Covergirl's eyeshadow in "Champagne" with Revlon's Colorstay eyeliner in "Black" and then Covergirl's Lash Blast Waterproof in "Blackest Black". In the summer I don't really like to fuss with defining my crease.

Lips
Pink gloss. Or a lip balm with SPF. Glossy lips are a big summer must have! I love Revlon's lipgloss in "Pink Whisper"

What do you do differently, if anything, for your summer makeup?
♥ Chelsea
(PS: personal post below!)

No comments:
Post a Comment