Thursday, June 18, 2009

Good thing I can't read fancy doctor scales...

Freshmen 15 is no myth.

I told myself a year ago that going off to college would be a great time to lose weight! That was until I found myself running to the caf in the late hours of the night to grab some form of caffeine and sugar. A bottle of cherry diet cola and a candy bar would keep me wired long enough to finish making my notecards. And then as I made friends, we'd voyage together to the caf. We would often stay together all ordering from the same greasy grill. I knew I had to lose weight but the temptation!

Now, I find myself a bit heavier and vowing not to let a stupid college cafeteria ruin my body. I also spent less time caring about what I consumed or how much I excersised. I'll admit, the first month I frequented my school's large pool. But as soon as my work load got longer and the pool's hours changed, excersise was not my priority.

I'd spend hours up late into the morning. I'd either be studying or finally being able to have some free time. The next day I'd be too tired to go to the gym. Running around campus and to class was all the excersise I got.

But now, I'm set on getting onto a normal diet.

I'm kicking college staples out of my diet. Pop-tarts is the breakfast of college. Well any meal for that matter. I have now kicked those delicious fatty squares out of my diet. And all that canned ready to cook crap? Ah! Its loaded with so much sodium and saturated fat!

Excersise? I'm trying to make it a daily habit to walk my dog for 2 miles every day (we started today! Not that bad!)

Goal?

Goal?!

I'm emberessed to say this...I never thought I'd get to this point...but my goal is to lose around 100 pounds. YIKES! THATS LIKE MY FREAKIN DOG!

That number was calculated by finding how much a girl my age and height (I am 6 foot..so I do have to weigh a bit more than the average 19 year old) needs to weigh and 100 pounds would put me there.

I'll share with you some of my diet tips and tricks (I have lost weight before!) and probably update this more!

Now, I need to figure out how to deal with my horrible chocolate withdrawal...its been giving me freakin headaches.

♥ Chelsea

1 comment: